La Rioja Climate & Temperature
- La Rioja, Argentina is at 29°23'S, 66°48'W, 429 m (1407 ft). See map.
- La Rioja has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification La Rioja is situated in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 20.8 degrees Celsius (69.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.5 °C (29.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 361.6 mm (14.2 inches) which is equivalent to 361.6 Litres/m² (8.87 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from La Rioja you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Changsha, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate moist forest biome).
La Rioja Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
La Rioja Climate Graph in Metric Units
La Rioja Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of La Rioja, Argentina Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: