La Rioja Climate & Temperature
- La Rioja, Argentina is at 29°23'S, 66°48'W, 429 m (1407 ft). See map.
- La Rioja has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification La Rioja is situated in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 20.8 degrees Celsius (69.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.5 °C (29.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 361.6 mm (14.2 inches) which is equivalent to 361.6 Litres/m² (8.87 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from La Rioja you would come out nearest to the climate station at Changsha, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of La Rioja, Argentina Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: